Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
fr james dixon
Transcript of fr james dixon
.came to Australia in 1800.
.became a priest in 1798
.was imprisoned for false witness on the irish rebellion. description of contribution.
Father James Dixon made a huge contribution to the early
Catholic church in Australia by being one of the first three
convict priests in Australia and then to perform the first
Catholic mass and the first Catholic marriage.
He also preached the good news to those in Australia. Challenges that had to be overcome.
Fr james dixon was a convict as well so if there were any rebellions then he would be the person the governor will blame.
he was the only catholic priest around and he was resopnsible for the catholics
he was told that if he was seen or thought to be taking part in a rebellion he would get wipped which is what happened.