Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CHEMISTRY THE ALKALI METALS AND HALOGEN
Transcript of CHEMISTRY THE ALKALI METALS AND HALOGEN
2.Demonstrate through displacement reactions the relative reactivity of halogens, chlorine, bromine and iodine.
3.Predict how caesium, francium and fluorine will react. CONNECT Give the word equation for what you have just seen
Give the symbol equation for the reaction.
Balance it Group 1 reactions with cold water lithium + water → lithium hydroxide + hydrogen
sodium + water → sodium hydroxide + hydrogen
potassium + water → potassium hydroxide + hydrogen LEARNING OBJECTIVES 1.Identify similarities and trends in the physical and chemical properties of Group 1 and Group 7 elements
2.Describe how the reactivity of elements changes in group 1 and group 7 element.
3. Predict how unknown elements in group 1 and group 7 will react. PREDICT Add ~ 25ml of chlorine water to solutions of
Repeat with bromine water and iodine water.
RECORD RESULTS IN TABLE