Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Dr. Mark Dean
Transcript of Dr. Mark Dean
Got a bachelors degree in electrical engineering and started working at IBM
Created the design allowing the computer to share information with outside devices
Led the team that created the first gigahertz chip at IBM
Thanks For watching!
Born on March 2nd, 1957 in Jefferson City, Tennessee
Present age is 58
Dr.Mark Dean is a computer scientist and this prezi is all about his achievments.
In high school made his own computer, radio, and amplifier
Very creative,gifted athlete
Strait A's in high school
Graduated at the top of his class at the university of Tennessee where he studied engineering.
After integration, Dean said his white friend had concluded he was too smart to be black.
He also encountered bias when he first got to IBM because he was black.
He said, "There may be obstacles, but there are no limits."
1997 Dr. Dean, along with his co-inventor Dennis Moeller, was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame
Named as an IBM Fellow, an honor shared by only 49 other IBM employees