Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Califonia Pizza Kitchen
Transcript of Califonia Pizza Kitchen
Javier Díaz ovín - Kamol amini History First CPK created in 1985 in Beverly Hills, California
- 213 locations in 28 states
- 15 international franchises in 6 foreign countries
Three sources of income
- sales at company owned restaurants
- royalties from franchised restaurants
- royalties from partnership with Kraft Foods Effect of leverage ROE
Cost of Equity
Share Price Effect of leverage on ROE Effect of leverage on Cost of Equity The effect of leverage on WACC Share price Restaurant Industry Two main sectors:
Limited-service Challenges in the restaurant industry
increasing commodity prices
higher labor costs
deteriorating housing wealth Current Situation Early July 2007 results :
near-record quarterly profit of over $6million
strong revenue growth up over 5%
competitors with sharp decline in customer traffic
CPK's share price declined 10% to $22.10 Should we repurchase shares or not? and how many? Expected benefits of repurchase Shares signal to the market
expecting a higher value in the future
facilitating operating business
actual low cost of debt Recommendation debt-equity ratio is industry specific
consider interest expense
high debt- equity ratio probability of going bankrupt
staying power one of the most important ability in the food sector Agenda History
Expected Benefits of repurchasing shares
Effect of leverage
Cost of Equity
Recommendation Thank you for your attention