Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Review
1. Denise bought a bag of jelly beans. She ate 38 of them and had 51 left. Which equation, when solved, will tell how many jelly beans were in the bag? Explain.
2. Joel bought some muffins. They came in 13 identical boxes. Each box had 5 muffins. Which equation, when solved, will tell how many muffins Joel bought in all? Explain
3. The admission fee at a small fair is $1.50 for children and $4.00 for adults. On a certain day, 2200 people enter the fair and $5050 is collected. How many children and how many adults attended? Explain
4. When the towels from a hotel were divided evenly among 15 laundry baskets, each basket contained 2 towels. Which equation, when solved, will show how many towels there were in all? Explain
Slide 2- 1. Denise - j-38=51
2. Joel - m/ 13=5
3. There were 1,500 children & 700 adults.
Slide 3- 1. 2a^5b^5
Find the rest of the answers for yourself. :)
1. Jack buys a carton that has the dimensions a5 by 2b3 by b2. What is the volume of the carton?
2. A transport company uses a kind of container that has the dimensions 4a3 by 3a2 by 2a. What is the volume of the container?
1. John leaves school to go home. He walks 6 blocks North and then 8 blocks west. How far is John from the school?
2. A 13 feet ladder is placed 5 feet away from a wall. The distance from the ground straight up to the top of the wall is 13 feet Will the ladder the top of the wall?
Applying Pythagorean Theorem
1. A baseball “diamond” is actually a square with sides of 90 feet. If a runner tries to steal second base, how far must the catcher, at home plate, throw to get the runner “out”? Given this information, explain why runners more often try to steal second base than third.
1. In construction, floor space must be planned for staircases. If the vertical distance between the first and second floors is 3.6 meters, and a contractor is using the standard step pattern of 28 cm wide for 18 cm high, then how many steps are needed to get from the first to the second floor and how much linear distance (ie “width” or “base”) will be needed for the staircase? What is the length of the railing that would be attached to these stairs?