Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Texas by Mrs. Trauber
Transcript of Texas by Mrs. Trauber
"The Lone Star State"
by Mrs. Trauber
TEXAS HAS THE 2ND HIGHEST
POPULATION IN THE NATION
MAJOR TEXAS INDUSTRIES
Texas is bordered by 4 states:
AUSTIN is the state capital
The climate is semi-arid and
prone to drought.
The climate is on the edge of humid subtropical,
with cool winters and hot summers.
The climate is humid subtropical.
The climate includes both semiarid ranch
country and the wetter Rio Grande Valley.
313,914,040 people in the United States
26,059,203 people in Texas
Texas makes up 8% of the U.S. population.
1st: California - 38,041,430
2nd: Texas - 26,059,203
3rd: New York - 19,570,261
- Farming & Agribusiness
- Natural Oil & Gas
- Technology Manufacturing & Telecommunications
- Biotechnology & Life Sciences
TEXAS IS THE 2ND LARGEST STATE IN THE NATION
1st: Alaska - 663,267 Square Miles
2nd: Texas - 268,580 Square Miles
3rd: California - 163,695 Square Miles
Pelta, Kathy. Texas - Hello U.S.A.. Minneapolis: Lerner Publications Company, 2002. Print.
All Images courtesy of Prezi/Google Images
TEXAS STATE FLAG
This flag was adopted as the state flag when Texas became the 28th state in 1845. As with the flag of the United States, the blue stands for loyalty, the white represents strength, and the red is for bravery.
TEXAS STATE MOTTO
1. Fossil Fuels
1. The Alamo
in San Antonio
2. Apollo Mission Control
3. Dealey Plaza
1. Mary Kay Ash, Hot Wells
1918 - 2001 (aged 83)
2. Buddy Holly, Lubbock
1936 - 1959 (aged 22)
3. Sandra Day O'Connor, El Paso
Supreme Court Justice
Born March 26, 1930