Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Respiration
2 x Pyruvate
2 x TP
2 x oxidised NAD
2 x red NAD
4 ATP produced
2 ATP used
- small packages
- quick release
- right time / right place
+ Coenzyme A
1 x ATP
Substrate Level Phosphorylation
NAD releases Hydrogens
H + e
back to Krebs!
Electron Transport Chain
A proton gradient!
Oxidation - reduction cycle
final electron acceptor
More +'s on one side so also an electrical gradient.
Altogether an electrochemical gradient!
As the H diffuse back through the protein channels in the membrane, they drive ATP production
This is chemiosmosis!
NADs and FADs