Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of "THE RAVEN"
What are your first impressions?
Why do you think he might have written wrote about such dark subjects?
Born in Boston 1809.
Father left family when he was born
Mother died when he was 2 yrs old.
Went to University of Virginia (Kicked out)
Went to West Point Military.
Worked many different jobs. (Literary Critic)
Married his cousin. She died at age 20 of tuberculosis.
Wrote "The Raven" in 1835. Became famous poem.
Dies a mysterious death in 1849, at 40 years old.
What is Figurative Language?
What are the different types we can use?
Edgar Allan Poe
What are some different types of figurative language?
who can find the most?
You and your group will identify the different uses of Figurative Language in the Poem
How can we use what we have learned?
How does Figurative language help the reader?
"The Raven" INTERACTIVE