Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Oceans
Where Is The Ocean
*The Ocean covers over 2/3 of the earth.
*Pacific, Indian, Atlantic and Arctic are our four
*Some experts think there is a fifth ocean.
*The Atlantic, Indian and Pacific oceans meet up around the continent of Antarctic. Some experts call this the Antarctic, Australia, or Southern Ocean. But is it really a separate ocean? Some say no, that its just a place where three oceans meet. Others say yes, because the water has distinct currents and temperatures.
* The characteristics of a lion fish are easy to identify. They are zebra striped, red and white, with long pectoral fins.
* Their habitat is in the Atlantic ocean, Pacific ocean, Caribbean sea, and the Mediterranean sea.
* They have spines with poison.
* They are high on the food chain and are consumers/ predators.
Blue Ringed Octopus
* It is 5-8 inches and has a head the size of a golf ball.
*It's weight is 92 ounces.( 5 pounds )
* It is very poisonous. It can kill a person in 15 minutes.
It's bright blue spots warned people and animals to stay
*It lives in shallow waters in Pacific ocean and Indian ocean in/on coral reefs.
*Eats small fish, crabs,an mussels
*It's family is the Octpodidael.
* The vampire squid is not poisonous.
* It lives in the tropical and subtropical oceans in depths ranging from 300 to 3,000 miles.
* It eats mostly marine snow.( fish )
* It's max length is 2 inches. * The vampire squid prefers a temperature between 2 degrees
and 6 degrees Celsius.
*Eel grass can grow up to 6/4 feet tall in waters.
*Very popular in Connecticut river
*Eel grass grows up to 4ft in waters and are very popular in the Connecticut river.
*Houses fish and large American eels.
*5% eaten by animals. Many cannot digest it.
*Perennrat- plant that grows year to year.
Green Sea Weed
* It grows near the shore.
* It could grow on coral and other underwater plants.
* They are NOT related to sea grasses.
* They can be used for animal feed and fertilizer.
*The average temperature of all oceans is 37 to 39
degrees F. Parts of oceans are very deep and cold.
*Tropical oceans are warm and clear on the surface.
*The average surface temperature of all oceans is 62 degrees F.
* In the Polar region the ocean is cold and frozen on the surface.
Shark and other sea creatures (Book)