Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Positive Organizations
Three main pillars "at Southwest Airlines, we celebrate mistakes" Resilience What makes Southwest Airlines so succesfull ? People are important... each one makes a difference. Work is important...don't spoil it with seriousness. Work can be fun, it can be play...enjoy it. South West
Spirit Unique Corporate Culture 1. employees are number one
2. Think small to grow big.
3. Manage in the good times for the bad times.
4. Irreverence is okay.
5. It's okay to be yourself.
6. Have fun at work
7. Take competition seriously, but not yourself.
8. Hire for attitude and train for skill.
9. Do whatever it takes.
10. Serve others rather than being served. Southwest's Corporate philosophy South West Spirit :
Promote a positive attitude among employees
Create good work atmosphere that fostered teamwork and instilled a sense of pride in being pride of the SA family Positive Effect Deliver excellent customer services What is a mistake? "Organisations are a collection of interactions" How do interactions in organizations take place? Safety High Low Anxiety
Zone Comfort Zone Apathy Zone Learning Zone Accountability Safety
Take the fear of making mistakes!
NYSE: LUV Didn’t mean they slacked at work!
They were expected to work hard! Altruism
Golden Rule: “Serve others rather than being served.
If you live by the Golden Rule, empowering your people do the right thing, how can you go wrong? (West, 2005)
Always willing to help each other. Recruitment process Optimism “Happy employees make happy customers” Motivations Optimism Do you think optimism is important inside the company? Profits
Employees are willing to sacrifice more for the company with an optimistic culture
Long term relationship
Optimism is important to keep people inside the company Southwest Airlines :
Largest low-cost carrier in the U.S.
Point-to-point / short distances flights
Co-founder Herb Kelleher Spark (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr What do you think are the potential drawbacks of Southwest Corporate Culture? What do you think companies can learn from Southwest Airlines? Would you like to work for this company? States Traits (cc) photo by medhead on Flickr Personality Why? Key Figures :
46 000 employees
3400 flights / day
77 destinations in 40 states Agenda :
1. Overview SouthWest Airlines
2. What makes SA succesfull?
3. SA three main pillars
III. Optimism/ Hope
4. Questions Overview Love Family Altruism Fun Empathy
“We at Southwest Airlines foster and embrace fun, creativity, individuality, and empowerment. We love our employees. We trust our employees.” If you live by the Golden Rule, empowering your people do the right thing, how can you go wrong? (West, 2005) Can altruism and competitiveness co-exist in the workplace? Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable. Altruism & Empathy