Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of William Morgan
How the Press Started
Before Johannes Gutenberg, Chinese monks used wooden blocks to print. The "ink" they used was made of wax and dark juices from fruits. After that Bi Sheng, a peasant made the first portable wood printer, which allowed us to advance in the making of the printing press.
In the 15 century, Johannes Gutenberg heard of the printing press and he started working on it. He also practiced with xylography, which is the art of wood carving. At last he made the printing press. It was made with screw mechanisms with wine, paper, and linen presses.
Johannes Gutenberg was born in Germany, Mainz. He was born in the year 1400, and he was a blacksmith, goldsmith, printer, and publisher who introduced printing to Europe with the printing press. His full name is Johannes Gensfleisch zur Laden zum Gutenberg.
After The Invention
Johannes Gutenberg allowed to print billions of copies of books and bibles. Now one of Gutenberg's bibles is worth a fortune. He was unable to enjoy his own inventions though because he was in so much debt. the man named peter Schoffer.