Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Down Syndrome
first described as a 'syndrome'
by Dr. John Langdon Down in 1866
Identified in '59 as a chromosomal disorder
for the presence of an extra 21st chromosome
What makes this
she is a child with "it"
What is DS?
What does THAT mean?
A person with DS will have
Health issues often include
heart defects, digestive issues,
hearing, vision and other problems,
minor or major
Other than being so darn cute?? ;-)
The same little girl had
heart surgery when she
was 4 months old.
And life is great!
The little girl has
hypotonia - low muscle tone.
(She learned to walk when she
was 4.5 years old.)
She is intellectually delayed - she will learn, just more slowly
She knows doctors very well,
and doesn't (hardly) cry with needles
Some people think
she must always be happy!
(trust me, she's not ;-)
This little girl is my daughter