Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of CYBERCRIME
Transcript of Copy of CYBERCRIME
What does Online-Scam mean?
- Cyber-Crimes, are crimes that involve a computer or a network. They are a type of "business", people or computers can do, to cause harm and violate the receivers network, and themselves.
- Scams are frauds sent to users, by taking advantage of software applications, and internet privacy.
- Faux emails
- Cyber bullying
- Password hijacking
- Fake warnings, like those all emergency ads you see, telling you to pay money.
- Hacking into bank accounts
- taking others possessions
Cybercrimes are a very real and significant problem in Canada, and the current law enforcement in place does not do a good job of dealing with it. Online scams are equally as bad. These scams and crimes are a major worldwide issue.
WHAT CAN IT CAUSE?
"Any dishonest misrepresentation of fact intended to let another to do or refrain from doing something which causes loss"
>$46 billion are conned on an annual basis
Cybercrime is probably not
a big deal, right? Only idiots fall for those obvious online scams!
Not true, man.
Look at these crazy facts!
For example, hacking into someone's bank account to remove money
>$19 billion are lost due to theft on an annual basis
The cost of the repairs to deal with the damage that a crime has caused
For example, the money spent when trying to fix malware that has invested your computer.
>$29 billion are lost due to repairs on an
>$16.5 billion annually
That video, was showing us that jeopardizing privacy is in fact a very big crime!
There's even more!!
CYBER CRIMES AND ONLINE SCAMS ALSO CAUSE:
- Causes neglect towards online safety
- Our privacy is being jeopardized
- Causes computer crashes
- Causes identity theft
- Loss of possession
- Can scare users
- Your computer can be hacked
- You can get a virus
- Tricked into big scams for money
If all of this is against the law, why does it happen so often?
What's stopping governments from cracking down on this issue?
Why can't crimes and scams be managed effectively?
It's an international issue
No technological power
to do so
There are always ways to get
past the security
>Cybercrime and scams takes place internationally
>Countries have variations in laws and punishments
>Cooperating between countries to enforce rules internationally is a big challenge
>Often times the more advanced criminals will know how to hide themselves properly
>Law enforcement can't clamp down on cybercrime s or online scams when the enemy is able to avoid their tracking entirely
>When advancements are made, criminals quickly figure out how to go get around the new security
>For example, DarkMarket was shut down in 2008, but stayed alive by going deeper underground
>Cybercrimes and online scams are problems that affect millions of people per year!
>If we learn the correct way to handle such crimes, and scams; we can have a protected working environment, that can benefit us and the society!
Cybercrimes, and Online Scams
By Hina, Krystal and Shailey
Basically, it's any crime that involves a computer and a network
Who is being affected:
erson or computer sending and committing the crimes
- The user/receiver of the crime/spam
- Internet privacy and applications
The graph is showing, that as the years are passing by, more crimes, and scams are causing millions of dollars of loss, so how can we prevent this?
Keep your personal information secure
(about giving your personal info)
(your financial info regularly)
(periodically for your credit report)
Other ways to prevent them:
- Keep your security settings in such a manner that only you can change.
- Restrain from online banking and social networking sites.
- Secure your computer
- Use strong passwords
- Secure, mobile devices
- Don’t make online payments
- Call CCI to help solve any issues.
- Use add block, and Kaspersky security system
- install a firewall
- Don't open e-mail attachments, download links in IM or enter personal information in a pop-up windows
- Change passwords frequently
The picture here, is showing someone revealing a password. This is cyber-crime and can cause future scams! I will show you a demo, on how this is done.
The video shown, is based on all the problems that mostly cybercrimes, and some scams have caused, and so; how do we prevent this?