Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
06.04 Reaction Rates and Temperature Laboratory
Transcript of 06.04 Reaction Rates and Temperature Laboratory
What evidence indicates that a chemical reaction took place?
The dissolving of the antacid in the water.
Was your hypothesis correct? Support your answer with data from your experiment.
It was. The antacid dissolved faster than the cold water because the molecules are more reactive to warm water.
Predict what would happen if we conducted the same experiment with room temperature water.
I believe it would dissolve quicker than it would in colder water, but would take longer than if it was in warm water.
I Believe the hotter water will affect the reaction more so than the colder water because once there is kinetic energy the molecules begin to move faster. The result of this will be a faster dissolving of the antacid.
4 antacid tablets
2 clear cups labeled Hot and Cold