Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Throw away your integration tests
Transcript of Throw away your integration tests
Increased number of integration points
Breaking up monolithic code bases
Does this mean we have to write a million integration tests?
System integration tests
* Lots of set up
* False positives/negatives
* Hard to locate cause of failure
* Path complexity is exponential
* Extra infrastructure
Is there an alternative?
Pacts to the rescue!
"Unit test" an integration
Service Consumer - initiates a request
Service Provider - provides a response
Break it down
Step 1 - Run consumer test with mock provider
Step 2 - Verify expectations on Provider
Testing with Pacts
Low set up
No extra infrastructure
Developing with Pacts
"Consumer Driven Contracts"
Interface then implementation
Roll the credits
Based on concepts:
"Integration tests are a scam":
"Consumer driven contracts"
(Martin Fowler has written a good article on this)
Check it out!
Pact for JVM!
Same same but different!
Type based (rather than value based) matching to allow looser coupling
XML matching (sigh)
How's that working for you?