Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Owen Meany
As the book progressed, we also witnessed John's belief in God bloom. Things that Owen said and showed John made him positive that there was a God.
We watched John and Owen's friendship flourish. John Wheelwright Hester was a really unhappy child. She felt like her brother's outshone her in every aspect of life and that her parents favored her siblings. She didn't have a good relationship with anyone in her family.
By the end of the novel, she'd developed into someone who had this amazing career and had finally outdone her brothers at something. She also learned how to have feelings for someone when she fell in love with Owen. Hester The fact that Owen, John and Hester grow, mature and are shaped by events during the book proves that 'A Prayer for Owen Meany' is a coming of age novel. Conclusion A coming of age novel is one where the characters are initiated into adulthood during the course of the book. In a sense they lose their innocence and have to mature because of things they experience or knowledge they gain. What is a coming of age story?