Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Fault in Our Stars
Transcript of The Fault in Our Stars
in Our Stars?
in Our Stars.
By Monika Lam
“It’s a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth,
but you don’t give it the power to do its killing.”
Meeting of the Mentor
Lack of Comfort
Hazel Grace Lancaster is a 16 year old girl who is fighting cancer. Stays at home most of the time and keeps to herself. Which then leads to...
Hazel's mother assumes Hazel is depressed and sends her to a Support Group. Hazel doesn't find any interest in Support Group until one day, she meets a boy there who changes her life.
This leads to...
Hazel's mentor is Augustus Waters. She meets him at Support Group and from there on, he willingly helps her overcome life's toughest obstacles.
Call to Adventure
1. Gus invites Hazel to watch "V for Vendetta" at his house.
2. Gus uses his Cancer Perk to take Hazel to Amsterdam, Netherlands to meet Peter Van Houten, the writer of "An Imperial Affliction".
Refusal of the Call
1. Refuses to watch the movie with Augustus because he's a complete stranger and his cigarette stunt upset her.
2. Refuses to be in Gus's life because she's afraid she will die any moment, and doesn't want him to put up with another cruel heartache
Thus, the journey begins...
Hazel spends a majority of the time with
She becomes good friends with
from Support Group and meets
Peter Van Houten
who she thought was a good friend but ends up betraying her.
The Supernatural Aid for both Hazel and Augustus was the book "An Imperial Affliction"
This leads to...
Road of Trials
1. Hazel was rushed to the ICU because her lungs were filled with liquid. The doctor then tells her she would not be allowed to go to Amsterdam.
2. When Hazel and Gus finally meet Van Houten, he held all the answers but was being a stubborn drunk and wanted them to leave immediately.
3. Hazel and Gus go to the Anne Frank House and Hazel has to climb a ton of stars dragging her BiPAP along.
Meeting with the Goddess
"It would be a privilege to get my heart broken by you."
' will be our '
"Gus, I'm a grenade. One day I'm gonna blow up and I'm gonna obliterate everything in my wake and I don't want to hurt you."
Gus's cancer came back and he can't fight it this time; he only has a few months left to live.
After a few amazing months she has left with him... He dies.
Rescue from Without
Van Houten goes to Gus's funeral where he then tells Hazel what she wanted to know from the start; the ending of "An Imperial Affliction". He also gives her a letter that Gus wrote to him before his death.
After Augustus's death, Hazel felt like she lost everything, she stopped eating and felt depressed but her parents rescued her from the pain.
By Monika Lam
"You gave me a forever within the numbered days. And for that I am grateful"
Thanks for Watching!!