Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Me
The IT Life
This space reserved in case something interesting happens
Grew Up In Boston
A beautiful and historic city that's a great place to visit!
but it looks like this in the winter... (tip: visit in the summer)
Like many people from Boston, I am 1/2 Irish and 1/2 Italian
I'm the youngest of 6. 3 boys and 3 girls, just like this family, but without the maid, and all the getting along
Last known good photo of me...
Attended high school and college in Boston
My high school, Boston Latin School, is the oldest public school in the US, founded 1 year before Harvard. A bunch of famous people went there, including 5 signers of the Declaration of Independence
Can you translate this number?
Quiz 1 - name these famous grads -page 1
1. I was a leader of the revolution and signed the Declaration of Independence. Try my Summer Ale.
2. I was a Congregationalist clergyman, social reformer, and abolitionist. My sister Harriet could sure spin a yarn.
3. I won 16 Grammy awards and a Tony award, but I didn't win for my famous musical about street gangs in 1950's New York.
4. I was the first American born professional architect. I designed the Massachusetts State House, and completed construction of the Capitol building in Washington D.C, which took 36 years.
5. I was a poet and essayist , and leader of the Transcendentalist movement
6. I was a patriot, served as president of the 2nd Continental Congress, and signed the declaration of independence (way better than anyone else)
Quiz 1 - name these famous grads - page 2
7. FDR appointed me first Chairman of the SEC, but my kids are better known: a President, Senator, Attorney General, Naval Officer, Ambassador, and the founder of the Special Olympics
8. I was a military officer in the Continental Army, and became the first Secretary of War under President Washington
9. I was an early 20th century philosopher, essayist, and novelist, credited with saying 'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'
10. I was a Founding Father and inventor of bifocals and the lightening rod. I signed the Declaration of Independence. I'm on the c-note.
11. I co-founded Qualcomm and am now the Presidential Chair Professor of the EE school at USC, which is named after me
12. I was a Puritan Minister, mostly remembered for my role in the Salem Witch Trials, and this crazy hair-do.
Northeastern Grads Are Far Less Interesting
The Napster guy
Reggie Lewis, and many other NBA, MLB, and NHL players
I majored in Accounting....
Interesting Part-time Job
Usher for the Boston POPS and Boston Symphony for 12 years. Heard lots of great acts (through sound proof doors)
Passed the CPA exam and worked as an accountant for these places
'One Step Behind'
Declined a Big 6 accounting job to take a
worse-paying-further-away mainframe programming job
Completed MS In IT From
Not a tough sell
Vantive CRM ERP
Large Scale Data Warehousing
Microsoft BI Suite
Oracle Certified Developer
6 Sigma Green Belt
Joined JPL in Nov 2010 to help with
I play these things
Caltech/Oxy Concert Band
In these groups
Santa Clarita Valley Concert Band
LAPD Concert Band
Quiz 3 - How many venues can you name?
I've had the opportunity to play at some famous places with and for some notable people
Quiz 2 - How many of these people can you name?
Real time DWH
I follow my teams closely
Recently started playing this awful game (again)
Chris and Janet Recommend...
Northeastern has the largest Co-op program in the US.
Mostly known for Engineering.
More IT Stuff
Other Fascinating Hobbies
About 4 rehearsals each week