Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Order of Operations
Transcript of Order of Operations
It tells us what to look for and what to solve first.
What is the Order of Operations?
multiply and divide (
left to right
add and subtract (
left to right
What is the order?
Step 1: Solve what's in the parentheses.
Step 2: Multiply.
Try this one on your own. List your steps!
Do you think you understand?
Discovering the Order of Operations
Solve the expression
7 x (10-1).
Multiply 4 x -3
Divide -12 by 6.
Divide 8 by 4.
Add -2 + 2
55 ÷ 11 + (5 + 2)(3)
Don't forget to follow
the expression after solving each operation. This is VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Ex: (5-4) x 3
÷ 6 + 8 ÷ 4
+ 8 ÷ 4
(4)(-3) ÷ 6 + 8 ÷ 4