Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Learning Moment
MATH 577 My Learning Moment Teaching Math can be frustrating! When it finally clicks! Especially to young students Sitting there and watching them struggle A lot of patience Thinking that even if you use the simplest of numbers, and manipulatives, that they may eventually catch on to the math involved
During Problem Solving Interview:
Compare and multiplication problems were the hardest
Direct Modeling was the only strategy known at the time; had not invented other strategies (counting, one to one correspondence, derived facts, etc.) in order to solve the problem It's not as easy as it looks Who have never been
exposed to certain
fundamentals and problems Trying not to help them too much Not giving the answer away too easily and quickly They may not get every one...
But when they do, it seems like the
struggle was worth it!