Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
E-MENTORING: LLAMA'S PROGRAM MODEL
Transcript of E-MENTORING: LLAMA'S PROGRAM MODEL
E-mentoring is... "a merger of mentoring with electronic communications to develop and sustain mentoring relationships...independent of geography or scheduling constraints" (Mihram, 2004)
Benefits and Challenges
History of LLAMA's Mentoring Program
LLAMA'S PROGRAM MODEL
Utah Library Association Conference
Friday, May 2, 2014
Schedule meetings appropriately
Mentoring is... "a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction." - John C. Crosby
What's the difference?
The importance of mentoring
Advertising Educational Foundation. (2008). http://www.aef.com/industry/careers/memos/8021
Golden, J. (2007). Blueprint for a Career Mentoring Program.
Mihram, D. (2004). E-Mentoring. USC: Center for Excellence in Teaching (powerpoint). http://cet.usc.edu/resources/teaching_learning/docs/eMentoringsep04.pdf
Okuhara, H. (2010). LLAMA Mentoring Committee Handbook.
Peterson, J. (2005). The Mentoring Workbook-draft.
Stueart, R. & Sullivan, M. (2010) Developing
Know your talking points
Make time to exchange good news
• The "right way"
• Staying organized
• Working out issues
• Safe environment
• Practical Advice
• Role model
• Own learning
• Focus on developing others
• Understanding librarianship
Purpose: develop new leaders
- Conference orientation
- Read selected resources
- "Meet" on a regular basis
(for mentors and mentees)