Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of George Clavert
Lord Baltimore; Baron of Baltimore
George Calvert was attending college when he was hired as secretary for a government official.
George Calvert was knighted for service and became Secretary of State for King James II.
George converted to Catholicism while Catholics were not allowed in office for the king. He was forced to quit.
George now had vast amounts of money and land. He invested some of this money in the expeditions to America.
Luckily for George, King Charles I liked him so, Sir George Calvert became the Baron of Baltimore.