Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Selenium
Selenium occurs in minerals suck as Eacurite, Crooksite and Clausthalite which is a very rare source . Copper is a refining by- product commonly obtained in Selenium. Occasionally occurs free in nature but more often in iron, lead, silver and copper. Brazil nuts are richest known for a dietary source.
It's commonly used in devices that respond to the intensity of light, such as photo cells, and light meters for cameras and copiers. It's also used to make a ruby red color in glasses and enamels, as a toner and sometimes a stainless steal.
Selenium exists in several allotropic forms , the most stable form, crystalline selenium is metallic gray. Crystalline monoclinic is a deep red in powder but black in vitreous forms.
Selenium has an atomic # of 34, and an average atomic mass of 79. It has 34 electrons, 34 protons and 46 neutrons. It currently has about 6 stable isotopes. Selenium is a greek word for moon, Selene. It's located on row 4, and group 16.