Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Living a Vegan Lifestyle
Transcript of Living a Vegan Lifestyle
Did you know...
- In 2009, only 1% of the U.S. population reported eating vegetarian or vegan. Now, 5% of the United States population (16 million people) is vegetarian and half of those people are vegan.
-Women make up 79% percent of the vegan group and 59% of the vegetarian group
-Google reported an increase in vegan searches from 2007 to 2014. In 2007 there were over 1,600 vegan search results while a search for vegan in 2014 showed over 24,000 results
Why go vegan?
1. For the Animals
2. For your Health
3. For the Environment
4. For People
How to go Vegan?
Take it slow
-Make small changes to your everyday meals.
Do it Right
-Make sure you do not miss out on essential nutrients
- Explore new flavors and options
- Is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.
- Living as a vegan in a non-vegan world takes both courage and curiosity
Ask for Help
- Join groups on social media to keep you motivated and chat with people who are undergoing the same process as you.
- Always think about your driving force
Do NOT Give Up
- Take it one day at a time
"How to Go Vegan." The Vegan Society. Web. 02 Oct. 2015.
"16 Million People in the US Are Now Vegan or Vegetarian! The Raw Food World News." The Raw Food World News. 17 Mar. 2015. Web. 02 Oct. 2015.
By: Erika Hernandez, Yaranny Reynoso,Lissy Alvarez, Noreli Norena, Ana Morel