Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Teaching tips two
Transcript of Teaching tips two
I am 25 years old.
I am hungry.
I am cold.
When you can grasp this idea you can correct yourself and reach the third level of mistakes.
Ok sounds good
Yo tengo un carro.
Yo tengo un gato.
Yo tengo un reloj.
How to really teach the verb to be
This will work especially good for spanish students because it is based on the comparison of the two languages.
Teaching tips 2
First let's begin with spanish
Yo tengo 25 años
Yo tengo hambre
Yo tengo frio
So,ask them, to show you the "25 años"the "hambre" and the "frio"
they can not show you them.
So in English we use the (to be) for these expressions
So,ask them, to show you the "carro"the "gato" and the "reloj"
They can show them so in English we say ...
I have a car.
I have a cat.
I have a watch.
This is one way to teach this so they can really understand and stop mixing them up.
You make a mistake and you don't realize it
You make a mistake, you know something is wrong but can't fix it
You make a mistake, you fix it yourself.