Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of EI
The right stuff of leadership is more of an art than a science.
Different leaders have different styles and different situations demand different leadership skills, however all high performing leaders have a core ability in Emotional Intelligence. IQ and technical skills so matter, but they are the minimums that are needed to start to be a leader. They do not determine great leaders like emotional intelligence does. Using research Goleman has found that there are five components of emotional intellgence at work. Why emotional intelligence is so important? Let's work on it! Shows ability to empathize and sense others' feelings and perspectives (“put himself/herself in other’s shoes”);
Actively listens to others; correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately;
Communicates about own feelings and emotions and takes responsibility to manage them;
Demonstrates consistency in speech, responses and actions (“walk your own talk”);
Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, supported and involved.
My day review Developing your EI