Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Dust Bowl "Okies"
Transcript of The Dust Bowl "Okies"
Many families lived in poverty after the huge dust storms began to happen.Some didn't want to move and leave their farms behind,but some actually cared for their families health.Those few began to move from Oklahoma to California.As people moved when they arrived Californians nicknamed "Okies." During the big dust storms so many houses were being destroyed that many were left with just scraps of what they use to own. Many were lucky to still have enough money to eat and a place to live. Some did not even have decent clothing and a healthy environment to live in! This families were considered poor. :( Back in the 1920's the stock market was almost considered the second home of many citizens! The stock market was where people went to invest on booming company's. They either got richer or lost what they invested. The stock market was a loud crazy argument between many people trying to invest on the same company! Buying on Margin was an option given to investors to purchase a stock for only a fraction of the price. It was usually a fraction of either 10%-50%.