Gretchen Gary Adventurous. Smart. Ready for anything. Education Marketing professional with international experience and proven success in strategy, brand management, product development, communications and direct marketing. Currently working in Product Marketing at HP. University of San Diego
Master of Business Administration
January 2012 Ranked #14 in Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2011 list of top part-time MBA programs University of California, Santa Cruz
Bachelors of Arts, Modern Literature
June 1999 Experience: Product Manager • Own the short-term POR for a Web-based startup business in the consumer inkjet division.
• Drive the funnel optimization plan with A/B testing and conversion analysis.
• Manage feature planning and project management of a Web-based business using Agile processes for project management (scrum manager).
• Improved the overall website conversion rate by 10% via A/B testing and site improvements.
• Coordinate across multiple partner organizations to drive results for broad strategic objectives. Experience Endorsement MBA Emphasis Coursework Marketing Research
New Product Development
New Venture Finance “Gretchen has demonstrated strong capabilities to communicate and evangelize HP mobile print offerings to our customers and internal partners. Her visual design and communications skills really stand out. Furthermore, Gretchen was able to ramp up quickly and immediately contribute to a fluid and dynamic mobile program which required strong aptitude to work cross functionally in a large and complex international business. Additionally, Gretchen made strong contributions in the areas of metrics and analytics by helping us to establish program reporting tools and models.” - Art Garcia, Direct Mobile Strategy, HP Experience: Marketing Consultant • Consulted on communications campaigns (email, online and print), Web/blog design, content marketing, copywriting, branding and public relations strategies.
• Directed the rental program launch for mega condo resort, Jaco Bay Ramada: created the marketing and communications plan, managed production of marketing collateral, initiated rental contract administration, and enabled online reservations for the project’s soft launch. Booked over 500 room nights before operations were transferred to Ramada management.
• Clients include Grupo Zeta (Jaco Bay Ramada), Bluebook International, Parallel 6, Apollo Ophthalmics, CRT Collaborations, Mindful Path Counseling, and Paulo Mattioli. Experience Endorsement Hewlett-Packard GretchenGary.com “Gretchen helped build the condo rental program for Jaco Bay Ramada... which was the largest and first of its kind in Jaco Beach [Costa Rica]. Gretchen exceeded expectations in her role and even managed to book several large parties many months in advance, way before construction was complete at the site.” - Erika Hernandez, Assistant Manager, Jaco Bay Ramada "In addition to the online benefits of Gretchen’s work, her written contributions were also used by our sales team to assist with sales presentations. She has a distinct talent for articulating marketing messages and selling points within the context of newsworthy articles without compromising editorial integrity." - Adam Blejski, Co-founder and COO, Parallel 6 Experience: DayStar Properties See more at www.linkedin.com/in/gretchengary See more at www.linkedin.com/in/gretchengary • Built the marketing strategy for the rental program launch of 3 condo hotels (a total of 114 units)
• Produced all marketing collateral, advertising and press releases, managed content for online and print campaigns, and supported the sales team to maximize bookings and conversions.
• Wrote marketing plans, and created related forecasts for the Board of Directors.
• Managed all email marketing campaigns, organic search optimization efforts, pay-per-click advertising, ecommerce and CRM/loyalty programs.
• Increased paid rental occupancy from 0% to 54% in the first year with a budget of only $12,000/mo. Experience Endorsement “Gretchen was a one-woman marketing and advertising department in a Costa Rican start-up operation. Working within a limited budget, she laid a solid foundation upon which her successors continue to build. She was the right person for the job and I came to rely on her talents and abilities, and to trust her judgement.” - Larry Sears, General Manager, DayStar Properties See more at www.linkedin.com/in/gretchengary Marketing Manager Experience: Marshall & Swift Direct Marketing Specialist • Managed all marketing collateral, print advertising, email campaigns, direct mail, testing, and a massive redesign of the website and shopping cart.
• Increased Web sales by 77% in the year following the launch of the website redesign.
• Assisted with process management of customer retention strategies for subscriptions.
• Launched an online training division, and served as project manager for customized B2B software development (SwiftEstimator, AccuCoverage, and CostSegPro). Experience Endorsement "Gretchen was instrumental in redesigning the [M&S] website, which increased sales over 75% in the first year. Gretchen worked diligently on direct mail campaigns, renewal programs and other marketing efforts that proved to increase renewals, obtain new customers and generate revenue. I loved working with Gretchen; she is an intelligent, energetic, driven associate that had proven the value of her skills while at M&S. I’ve also worked with Gretchen on free-lance projects recently and again, would hire her again in a minute to run my marketing campaigns." - Linda Jovanelly, Marketing Director, Marshall & Swift See more at www.linkedin.com/in/gretchengary Thank you for your consideration! Questions? Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org 2011 - present 2008 - 2010 2006 - 2008 2003 - 2006See the full transcript