Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of TRIPHTHONGS
2012 Professors: Gargantini, Verónica - Gonzalez, Adriana TRIPHTHONGS What are they? They suffer a process called... What is LEVELLING? It is a process that affects triphthongs due to economy of effort in the production of glides.
Levelling is a characteristic of rapid speech. They are glides from one vowel to another (diphthong) and then, to a third one (triphthong) ; all produced without interruption. TRIPHTHONG = DIPHTHONG + A VOWEL (schwa) LEVELLING In this process, the first element in the triphthong becomes longer and stronger, the second element is elided (not produced); and the third element is the "schwa", invariable; it doesn't change. It ONLY affects...