Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Living Like a Student
Transcript of Living Like a Student
1 cup = $4
1 cup every weekday = $20 per week
1 cup every weekday for a year = $1040!! Little things can add up... Wants vs. Needs How Credit Cards Can Get You in Trouble…Without Realizing it! Pay off your balance in FULL, EVERY month.
Set your own credit limit.
READ all fine print.
Know your credit score and how to improve it
Limit the number of direct mail credit card offers you get…
Call1-888-5OPTOUT to have your name removed. How does the whole credit card thing work? The late night snack favorite…
The 8:00 class rush
Clubs and organizations at MSU
Going out---and the mall
Things "you can’t live without..." Budget Busters…No Matter How Well You Plan! College Living Expenses Calculator
http://calculators.aol.com/tools/aol/college11/tool.fcs Budget Resources Financial Confidence and Security
Lower Debt Burden
Financial Wellness WHY MAKE A BUDGET?
Student Financial Services It’s Thursday Night and You’re Broke….. Student Financial Services Living Like a Student!
at College 1. Not applying for Financial Aid
2. Missing deadlines
4. Follow up’s, checking email
5. Paying for something that’s free
6. Taking out unnecessary loans for wants
7. Living like you a have a monthly paycheck Lacking $ for the budget? How Do You Budget? Identify your resources Identity your expenses that are absolutely necessary Balance your resources with your expenses and live like a student NEEDS WANTS rent/room and board
Calculator mnsu.edu/campushub/pfm/ Budget Tips buy generic brands
use campus health services
take and bake pizza instead of ordering
student discounts and freebies
rent or borrow text books
"like" your favorite businesses on Facebook CREDIT REPORT request your free report at:
www.annualcreditreport.com Get a free copy once a year when your credit is denied, you are entitled to a copy Principal Amount Borrowed:
$5,000 Interest Rate:
19% Monthly Payment:
3% of balance
(initially $150) Number of monthly
238 over 20 years Total Amount Repaid:
$10,360 Keep a good
credit score Pay your bills on time If you miss a payment catch up! Keep low balances and
pay them in full limit the amount of
inquiries Don't apply for cards you don't need Money Management Brochure X X X X X X X Budget Help Apps