Software Engineer (Desktop application) - Budapest
Engineers in Budapest, Hungary
Prezi is the zooming presentation software that uses an open canvas instead of traditional slides to help people explore ideas, collaborate more effectively, and create visually dynamic presentations.
Founded in 2009, and with offices in San Francisco and Budapest, Prezi provides its users a visually engaging, personalized, way to express their ideas anytime, anywhere. The company’s vision extends well authoring software alone into becoming the inspiration and enabler of world-changing ideas for people, organizations and businesses.
Prezi has enjoyed explosive growth and developed a rapid following of passionate users. More than 28 million people from over 190 countries use Prezi from their desktops, browsers, iPads and iPhones.
Prezi is rapidly adding new users each month, and more than 1 Prezi is created every second. The company has over 150 employees, and is backed by premier investors, including Accel Partners, Sunstone Capital (based in Copenhagen), and TED.
Prezi is seeking a software engineer to join the desktop team. Someone who is:
- A person who loves to create programs, loves technology, and has an enthusiasm for work
- An innovative technologist with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Tired of their slow-paced company and looking for a new challenge
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be a member of the team developing the desktop version of Prezi.
- Create a solid, professional application with cloud based synchronization.
- Implement installer and updater aiming the best user experience.
- Cutting-edge technical skills in writing and maintaining large code in Java or C, C++ (strong OOP background is a must)
- Familiarity with agile processes
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience in build/test automation
- Experience in installation frameworks (e.g. InstallShield)
Why Prezi? Because you can:
- Learn exciting new programming languages and platforms every month
- Commit from day one
- Have end-to-end responsibility and all the support that you need to get the best out of yourself
- Work in our San Francisco office for periods of time
- Use our extended global professional network to exchange ideas and visit professional conferences all around the world
- Work in a really cool office environment (or occasionally from home if you feel like it)
- Enjoy free quality food and a nice atmosphere all day long in the Prezi Bistro
- Enjoy Prezi Club weekly events to discover the city around you and get closer to your colleagues while having fun
- Be yourself - we are proud to be colorful!
- Buy stock options to become your own employer
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV in English.
If you have an introductory Prezi, please do not hesistate to upload the link to that as well.