Prezi is looking for a Product Owner (PO) to join Prezi’s Data team and work together with Product Managers (PM), Engineers, UX, Design and Data teams to help build the product right. The PO, along with cross-functional team(s) will focus on how to solve the problem iteratively and at high quality.
The role of a product owner within Prezi has three main areas, 1) build the product right, 2) visibility of delivery, and 3) facilitate the rituals of the team.
To “build the thing right” the PO must clearly understand “what” problems our users are facing and “why” by working closely with PMs. The PO is primarily responsible for providing visibility to others during sprints and cycles. The PO also supports PMs to provide Product level visibility. The PO must help to facilitate the team’s rituals to ensure a rhythmic pattern for feedback loops.
Prezi Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Responsible for documenting the “why” and “what” (defined by PM).
- Acts as the main POC for the cross-functional team to support PMs in Opportunity Assessments.
- Collaborates with PM to prioritize opportunity backlogs.
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing Epics, User Stories, and Acceptance Criteria.
- Responsible for obtaining estimations on requirements.
- Provides requirements on Data and Instrumentation.
- Responsible for tracking and providing visibility to stakeholders into team’s progress and impact on the timeline of delivery during sprints and cycles.
- Ensures internal readiness for new initiative/product roll-out.
- Supports PMs in providing Product level visibility.
- Provides visibility into risks and works with stakeholders to resolve them.
- Facilitates daily standups, sprint planning, and sprint review meetings.
- Facilitates team retrospectives and participates in organization level retrospectives.
What we expect from you:
- Proven track record in a Product role with about 3+ years experience
- Customer mindset approach: The first three items on your priorities list is customers, customers and customers. It's crucial to be able to inspire engineers to think about customers, and refocus product discussions back towards customers.
- Understands the principles of Product Development.
- Ability to display rational vs. emotional thinking on how to collect, organize and analyze information.
- Skilled communicator: can distill complex ideas to make them universally understandable, attention to detail and be willing to explain to others.
- Experience in working in an environment that a fosters “learning through delivery” behavior in a SaaS company is a strong plus.
- Ability to identify risks and make them quickly visible to support a transparent and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, and Pig is a must.
- Data scientist/data engineer background is highly desired.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive monthly salary and stock options
- Opportunity to work in a young and well-established international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact
- Flexible working hours and vacation
- MEDICOVER - private health insurance at no cost
- Opportunity to attend international conferences to learn and improve
- Fun team with lots of varying interests and activities we often join to do together
- Occasional travel to San Francisco and conferences
- Free quality food (lunch and breakfast in at the restaurant and sandwiches in Prezi bistro)
- Free gym cards, bike repair service and bike storage
- Take advantage of the Prezi library and order books at company cost