Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is Team of 2
Transcript of What is Team of 2
Ways to Train Fitness
Justen Sjong & Kris Peters
Location of Fitness
Ways to Gain Fitness
NASM CPT, PES, CES, NPTI, CPT TRX CPT
Home Town: Boston, MA
Kris has been a personal trainer for the past 8 years. After college he attended a year long internship in Miami Florida where he worked with a wide range of athletes. Determined to become a strength coach in the NFL, Kris was introduced to the sport of climbing. He quickly realized the potential and need for climbing specific trainers in the U.S. and turned his studies and attention to helping climbers become more powerful and better overall athletes. Now living in Boulder, Colorado Kris works with some of the sports biggest names in climbing. One of which is Alex Johnson, who has become his most successful athlete since training with Kris. Whether your goals are outside, attending competitions, or succeeding in the gym, Kris’ approach remains clear, to push the climber the way an athlete should be pushed and achieve success.
Justen has been coaching for 18 years and in that time he has helped people of all abilities push their limits. He specializes in evaluating climbing movement then provides drills to improve those weaknesses. He has the ability to explain complex ideas in a simple logical manner where the athlete understands the long term direction and goals. He is able to balance intensity and light-heartedness in his coaching approach which places clients of all abilities in the correct mind set to move forward with their goals.
Justen has had the honor of coaching some of the best climbers in the world! He worked with Daniel Woods & Emily Harrington since they were little crushers.
Justen has been climbing since 1992 and from 2004 on he has been leaving his mark across the country. He established the “Hardest Free Big Wall” in the world, Magic Mushroom 5.14a VI on El Cap. This 28 pitch climb took him 5 long days on the wall to complete this epic project. He also was then fortunate enough to establish his “Dream Climb”. The PreMuir 5.13d on El Cap has the perfect amount of splitter cracks and delicate face pitches to create this “Dream Climb” that all obsessed climbers search the world after.
What is the job
of the coach?
Teach the 3 aspects of climbing
Create a Motivated Scene
1) I prefer warming-up together otherwise I'll have you climb something relatively easy to determine a base line of your climbing.
2) We will move up through the grades and see how and if things change with you’re climbing.
3) After 3 to 5 climbs I'll share what I see in your climbing, the good and bad, and come up with a plan.
4) We will talk about the specific skills I want to improve.
5) Explain your homework for you to work on until we meet again.
6) If you have feedback for me please send it my way. It's very important that the session is geared towards your goals and personality. If, I'm not relaying the information in a way that excites you to work on the skills that I see needing improvement let me know!
My goal for the day is to get to know your current climbing and personality.
Standard First Day
I account for your goals and use the notes during our session to create an action plan customized for you.
Working Together for you the Athlete
Conduct a detailed evaluation.
Plan for Success!
What are you doing this year?
What is the Job
of the Trainer?
Each year we attempt to accomplish something great. Do you have a plan for this year?
What are the changes that need to occur for YOU to meet your goal?
Working together for a
Kris & Justen
enjoy being part of the journey for all
athletes that have the courage to
achieve their wildest
We are about you and your DREAM.
What are your wants and needs?
Teach athletes ways to safely train the body.
And the Why
Creates a Motivated Scene
Allows the trainer to understand the athlete...
Physical Assessment Test
Construct the best training program for you!
Having the courage to make something happen.
Creating the belief that your goal is possible
Testing the body for the goal
The day you make your DREAMS happen!
Provide the direction we need in life.
Every Dream needs a few stepping stones.
List a few Big Goals to make the long journey possible.
We provide the worksheets.
Plus, we work with you to create the perfect customized training program.