Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Senior Seminar 2013
Transcript of Senior Seminar 2013
Please move to the area where your counselor is located
October 5 *
December 7 *
January 25 *
March 8 *
June 7 *
Take the SAT and/or ACT
The catalogue of the university you are interested in will guide you, but most will accept either test.
The GO Center (A-101) has registration material, practice tests, study material, and information about the SAT prep course which is given by NISD.
AP EXAMS May
Final Exams June 2-5, 2014
Be realistic about your choices.
Apply to at least 3 to 5 schools
* Tuesday, October 15th, 6:00-8:30 UTSA
Request an Official Transcript
This is a record of your high school grades and scores.
Order your transcript by filling out an order form located in the Counseling Office with Ms. Cardenas, registrar. (You must have a parent’s/guardian’s signature on file if you are under 18)
Transcripts are $2.00 each and the final transcript is free
You should order your transcript at least 3 days in advance of the mailing date.
Pick up your transcript, if it is not submitted electronically, from the registrar.
If your counselor must include an electronic transcript with the Common App or SENDedu you must provide your counselor with proof of payment for each transcript to be sent.
San Antonio Educational Partnership
San Antonio Educational Partnership
Taking a step toward the future
October 26 *
April 12 *
* Indicates test given at Clark *
SAT Subject Tests:
* Check with prospective schools to determine if they are needed
SAT and ACT Scores
* Will not be included as part of your transcript.
* Students need to request that SAT and ACT test scores be sent directly from the testing agency.
(also called the CEEB Code)
Take the THEA test
(Texas Higher Education Assessment) Test
This test is required by public colleges and universities in Texas.
• ACT- 23 comp., 19 min. English and math
• SAT- 1070 combined, 500 Math, 500 Critical Reading
• TAKS –2200 Math, 2200 English
Language Arts with at least a 3 on the written composition
• Double check with the schools you are applying to verify the exemption
Maintain or Improve your
• Students are ranked and GPA’s are calculated in October and January of the senior year.
• The Texas public college or university of your choice must automatically admit you if your GPA places you in the top 10% (7% UT Austin) of your high school graduating class, you apply no later than 2 years after you graduate from a Texas high school, and you meet application deadlines.
Be mindful of deadlines so that you allow plenty of time to complete applications and write any required essays.
UT AUSTIN Longhorn Saturdays
* Longhorn Monday, Oct. 14th & Nov. 25th
* Longhorn Saturday, register online
Texas A&M College Station
* Aggieland Saturday, February 15th
* Freshman Information Day, November 25th
Texas State University
* Bobcat Days
* Oct. 12, Nov. 16, Feb 22, and Apr. 5
* Open House
* Oct 19th and April 5th
* Spring Break Tours
* Campus Tours Mon-Fri and Saturday on Main Campus
This is counted as an non-absence and must be confirmed with college documentation brought to the attendance office or it will be unexcused.
Take advantage of student holidays.
If you must miss a day, pick up a form in the Attendance Office.
College representatives are always visiting Clark. Check the calendar in the career center, TV Announcements or www.nisd.net/clark.
Junior/Senior Parent Night
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
6:00 p.m. Clark Auditorium
Sending a Final Transcript
At the end of the school year, you must request a transcript that includes all of your grades and indicates that you have graduated.
The final request forms will be on colored paper.
* NO COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE IS FINAL UNTIL THE FINAL TRANSCRIPT IS SUBMITTED *
Requests should be made well in advance of the deadline
(at least 2 weeks).
You should complete a
, available in the Counseling Office, for your counselor to have on file, to aid in the letter writing process.
Financial aid comes in the form of grants, loans, work-study programs and scholarships.
Everyone should apply for financial aid.
Application forms for financial aid are called FAFSA forms and are available in the Career Center or online.
Qualifiers: 95% Attendance throughout High School
80 or higher GPA from 10th gr. through Senior year
Commitment form completed in English 4 class and turned into teacher.
Must attend 2 or 4 year college or university (public or private) in San Antonio
Amount varies based on School you will be attending.
SAEP is a partnership of Educators, Businesses, Government, and Community Agencies
Demonstrate Financial Need
By law, at the age of 18, young men must register with the selective service. Registering is also required to be eligible for financial aid.
To Graduate You Must:
Pass all required courses.
Pass exit level TAKS (New students to Clark should inform your counselors today if you still need to take it)
Earn 24 credits for the Minimum program or
Earn 26 credits for the *Recommended program or
Earn 26 credits with 4 advanced measures for the *Distinguished program.
* Eligible students may qualify for the TEXAS Grant *
If you have misplaced your copy from last year you can access it at Clark’s Website through a link on the Counselor’s page or go to