Send the link below via email or IM to invite your audienceCopy
Start the presentationStart presenting
- Invited audience will follow you as you navigate and present
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can view together your prezi
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GIS Institute Roadmap
Transcript of GIS Institute Roadmap
Remote Sensing Spatial Thinking Geographic Inquiry Process
One is the Loneliest Number... Course Philosophies:
1. It is a Journey.
2. GIS=hw, sw, data, procedures, PEOPLE.
3. Goals: Confidence... I can do this.
Excitement... I want to go further.
Knowledge....I know the next steps.
Connections... I know how to connect with others if I need help. 4. We won't go through every single button...
5. We will model good instructional practice.
You have 2 roles: student AND instructor.
6. Plant ideas: OK if you're not teaching about plate tectonics! Why Spatial Analysis in Education? 10 Reasons.
1. Tied to real issues.
2. Bloom's taxonomy.
3. Outdoor Education: Last Child in the Woods
5. Inquiry-driven. GIS allows "what if we ..." Who is ESRI? 6. Engaging: Maps and imagery. Investigations. The same tools as professionals use.
7. Career pathways.
8. Native ways of learning and knowing.
9. Green technology.
10. Community Connections Lets' go! What are
YOUR goals? A Tiny Little Secret A few questions:
Do I really need to know about Map Projections
How can I find spatial data?
How can I use spatial data?
How do I know if data is any good?
How can I get updated data?
How can I create my own projects? A Few Issues:
Professional Development Web GIS
Web + Desktop Name Some Issues