Send the link below via email or IM to invite your audienceCopy
Start the presentationStart presenting
- Invited audience will follow you as you navigate and present
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can view together your prezi
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Celebrity Thanksgiving Prezipes!
Transcript of Celebrity Thanksgiving Prezipes!
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. 2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a pie pan (why bother washing a mixing bowl?). Mix together with your fingers and then press evenly to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. It helps to press the mixture with the bottom of a small measuring cup. Bake for ten minutes or until light brown. Let cool while you prepare the filling. 3. In a large bowl, beat together the ice cream, pumpkin and spices. Spread evenly into the cooled pie shell and stick in the freezer for at least three hours before serving. When ready to serve, spread the top with Maple Whipped Cream. 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve, ground in the food processor)
1 tablespoon sugar
5 tablespoons melted butter
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened Directions Gwyneth Paltrow's
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie http://goop.com/journal/make/9/thanksgiving Celebrity Thanksgiving Recipes Recipe 4 Maria Bello's Roast Turkey Ingredients
1. About 5 hours before serving time, remove giblets and neck from inside turkey cavity. 2. Rinse bird inside and out with cold water; pat dry. 3. Slide a rubber spatula between skin and breast meat to separate. Pipe half the herb butter under skin of both breasts, spreading evenly over entire breast area with fingertips. Rub remaining butter over skin of rest of bird. 4. Fill cavity loosely with stuffing. Truss bird with butcher's twine; season with salt and pepper. 5. Spread sliced vegetables over bottom of a large roasting pan. Lay turkey on top, breast side up. Add 1 cup stock to pan. 6. About 4 hours before serving time, preheat oven to 375°F; position rack in lower half of oven. Roast turkey for 1½ hours (a 12 lb. turkey takes between 3½ and 4 hours to cook—plan accordingly!). Turn the pan every half hour or so to ensure that turkey is browning evenly, adding more stock if liquid evaporates below ¼ inch in pan. (If turkey browns too rapidly, create a tent with aluminum foil and drape it over turkey breast for remainder of roasting time. Reduce temp to 325°F and roast for 1½ hours more.) Use a thermometer to test internal temperature of thigh—it's cooked through at 165°F or when juices run clear if thigh is pierced with fork. 7. Remove turkey from oven to a platter to rest for 30 minutes while you prepare gravy. When ready to serve, garnish turkey with orange slices and greens. http://auntkathskitchen.com/blog/category/family/ 12 lb. turkey (preferably organic and free-range)
1 cup herb butter—recipe on following slide
4 cups store-bought stuffing, made according to package instructions
•Salt and pepper 2 carrots, sliced
1 onion, sliced
4 stalks celery, sliced
2 cups chicken stock Garnish: 2 oranges, sliced, and 1 bunch dandelion greens Directions 1 can pureed pumpkin (or 1-3/4 cups fresh)
1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves Recipe 2 Ingredients
1. Combine the cranberries, orange zest and juice, port, sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries are tender and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
2. Taste, and add more sugar if desired. Stir in the nuts and set aside to cool. Serve at room temperature. (The sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.) 1 bag (12 ounces) cranberries
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom Directions Emeril's Orange Cranberry Sauce http://www.ivillage.com/orange-cranberry-sauce/3-r-292751#ixzz2C3A2vKWE 1/4 cup ruby port
1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts
3/4 cup sugar, or more to taste Recipe 8 Dolly Partons's
Cream of Vegetable Soup Ingredients
1. In a 3-quart sauce pot, melt margarine. Add onion, garlic, and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute. Do NOT brown.
2. Add flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.
3. Add half-and-half. Simmer until desired consistency. Stir constantly – do NOT bring to boil.
4. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve. 3 tablespoons margarine
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon corn syrup
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon white pepper Directions 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup canned mixed vegetables
1 pint half-and-half cream
chopped fresh parsley http://www.food.com/recipe/dolly-partons-dixie-stampede-cream-of-vegetable-soup-467825?oc=linkback Recipe 3 Ingredients
1. Split the bread loaf in half and soak it in a large bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Wring out excess water over a colander and shred into pieces. 2. Boil the livers or hearts for 8 minutes in salted water, then chop until no piece is larger than a coffee bean. 3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef in the oil, stirring occasionally and breaking up the meat, so no piece is larger than a pistachio. 4. In your largest mixing bowl, combine the sourdough, livers, ground beef, celery, onion, parsley, eggs, raisins, Parmesan and nuts, tossing gently with your hands to combine. Whisk the rosemary, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper together in a bowl, scatter over the stuffing and toss again with your hands. Taste and adjust for salt. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use as a stuffing or to bake separately as dressing. No garlic
A 10-ounce loaf sourdough bread
1/2 pound chicken or turkey livers or hearts
1/2 pound ground round or other beef
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon pepper Directions Marilyn Monroe's Stuffing 4 stalks celery, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups chopped curly parsley
2 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup grated Parmesan 1 tablespoon salt-free, garlic-free poultry seasoning (or 1 teaspoon dried sage, 1 teaspoon marjoram, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg) 2 teaspoons dried crushed rosemary
2 teaspoons dried crushed oregano
2 teaspoons dried crushed thyme
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts, pine nuts or roasted chestnuts, or a combination http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/dining/10marilynrex1.html?ref=dining Recipe 7 Ingredients 1. Boil the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, until soft, then peel and mash them. 2. Add the two sticks of melted butter and all other ingredients. Mix them together, then add the beaten eggs. 3. Put the entire mixture into a souffle dish and bake for one hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Directions Kris Jenner's
Sweet Potato Casserole 2 Sticks Butter (Melted)
6 sweet potatoes
1/2 of a 2lb. box of Brown Sugar
2 Cups White Sugar
6 Eggs (Beaten) http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/11/thanksgiving-recipes-sweet-potato-casserole-from-kris-jenner.html 1 Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg Recipe 5 Ingredients 1. Place beans in a steamer in a covered saucepan over medium heat. 2. Steam about 5 minutes until beans turn bright green and are tender but still crisp. 3. As beans are steaming, mince garlic and shallot in a food processor. 4. Add remaining ingredients into food processor and pulse until basil leaves are coarsely chopped. 5. Pour dressing over hot green beans and garnish with remaining whole basil leaves. Directions Christina Hendricks's
Green Beans with Basil-Garlic Dressing 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp. salt http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/holidaytrends/photos/0,,20538174_20542725_21076931,00.html 1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. sugar
1 cup canola oil
25 fresh basil leaves, plus a few extra for garnish Recipe 9 Ingredients 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. 2. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan; set aside. 3. In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs. Mix until smooth. 4. Spread mixture evenly in pan. 5. In a medium bowl combine 2 1/2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. 6. Carefully spread cream-cheese mixture evenly over first layer and sprinkle with pecans. 7. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. 8. Dust with remaining sugar and cut into 2" squares. Directions Neil Patrick Harris's Legen...
Dary Ooey Gooey Bars •Nonstick spray, for pan
•1 box pound-cake mix (16 oz.)
•1/2 cup butter, softened
•4 eggs http://fashionizz.blogspot.com/2011/04/whats-new-to-eat_25.html •8 oz. cream cheese, softened
•3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
•1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (wait for it) Recipe 6 Ingredients 1. Place an oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; add butter. Using your fingertips, work butter into flour until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in cheese and scallions. Add buttermilk and olive oil. Stir until mixture forms a dough. 3. Drop dough onto prepared baking sheet in 12 equal-size portions. Bake for 18–20 minutes or until golden. Cool biscuits for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. 4. Slice each biscuit in half horizontally and spread each half with lemon butter. Serve biscuits whole. Optional: Add arugula leaves and a small slice of smoked salmon or prosciutto to each biscuit. Directions Giada De Laurentis's
Golden Parmesan Biscuits 1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
2 tsp baking powder
10 oz. smoked salmon or prosciutto (optional) 1 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped scallions, white and green parts 3/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon butter at room temperature
3 cups baby arugula (optional) http://lilylemontree.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-charming-kitchen-giada-de-laurentiis.html Recipe 1 Ingredients 1. Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish. Directions Oprah's Pomegranate Martini 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
2 ounces absolute citrus-infused vodka
1 ounce Cointreau liqueur 1 cup ice
sparkling water, splash (optional)
lemon, a squeeze (optional) http://www.food.com/recipe/oprahs-pomegranate-martini-146320?oc=linkback (note: actual recipe may not look exactly like pictures shown) We all have our own traditional Thanksgiving meals, celebrities included. Here is a compilation of dishes that you might find at their table, including recipes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Neil Patrick Harris, and Marilyn Monroe, among others. Links are included on each card, in case you would like to print the recipe from the original website and try them yourself!