Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Organic Chemistry
What is Organic Chemistry?
What is considered an organic chemical?
What are alkanes?
What is a hydrocarbon?
The First 10 Alkanes
Contains only carbon and hydrogen to form chemical chains or rings
hydrocarbons with one covalent bonds between carbons
"It's All About the Carbons"
Chemistry of compounds containing Carbon
VERY long carbon chains or triple carbon chains
Contain functional groups of
Carbon chains or rings and have lots of –OH functional groups
Complex combinations of Amino Acids
Carbon chain with a -OH functional group
Used for: Building blocks for DNA, Cell Walls, and Muscle
Used for: Storing energy, building larger molecules
Used for: Short term energy storage
Used for: Long term storage of energy