Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pre-Classical Greek Art - Perfection of Youth for 500 years
Transcript of Pre-Classical Greek Art - Perfection of Youth for 500 years
Ancient Greek human figures represent the idea of youth and beauty. This representation is mostly found in marble statues of young men, and young women. These statues are monuments, monuments dedicated to the gods, or memorials to dead youth.
The earliest object that was exhibited, was only half human! It was a painted clay centaur, found in the north of Athens. The sculpture shows wisdom, with its solid human torso and four legs that have been attached to the horse-like body. The object was most likely a prized possession, as the head and the body were found separately in the graves of two members of the same family.